Lahai Health will expand the medical clinic hours at the Haller Lake site to serve more low-income, uninsured, underserved patients who currently must wait 2-4 months for an appointment.
Presently, the Haller Lake clinic only operates two half-days per week in 2 exam rooms. PHPDA funding will allow Lahai Health to provide a 3rd clinic day every week, create a 3rd exam room, and use the Mobile Medical Clinic as an additional exam room when available. This expansion will nearly double patient visits, and allows Lahai Health to continue to deliver integrated care at Haller Lake. The waitlist would be reduced allowing patients to be seen in a timely manner for first appointments and for follow-up care. Patients with chronic medical problems (hypertension, diabetes, etc.) will have more opportunities to schedule follow-up appointments, thereby improving the consistency of care essential for their health.
Beginning in July 2018, Lahai Health will be taking the following steps to implement the project:
• Recruit and train additional Counseling Intern/Extern for Haller Lake
• Recruit and train new providers for additional clinic hours
• Recruit and train new Nurse Case Manager/Scheduler
• Begin creation of 3rd Exam Room
• Procure New Equipment and Additional Supplies
• Engage new professional translation services for patients
• Notify community partners and resource agencies of the upcoming expansion - (Executive Director and Development Manager)
• Update outreach materials and clinic listings
• Implement 5 additional clinic hours every week starting no later than August 2018
Lahai Health will continue collaborating with existing partnerships, including local non-profits (food banks, WIC offices, community centers), a diverse group of churches, Swedish Hospital in Edmonds, Providence Hospital in Everett, Northwest Hospital and Overlake Hospital, Cellnetix, PacLab, Within Reach, Women’s Health Outreach through the Latina Community Fund, Project Access Northwest, Washington Healthcare Access Alliance, Seattle School of Psychology and Theology, Northwest University, and Seattle Pacific University.
Lahai Health is a free clinic providing health care to underserved individuals and families in King and Snohomish Counties. Services include integrated and comprehensive medical, dental and mental health counseling. (Formerly known as Puget Sound Christian Clinic.)